[DC LoCo] Compiz and Xubuntu

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 06:20:09 BST 2010

Hi there!

I've got a question.  I'm visually impaired and rely on the desktop
zoom and color inversion desktop effects you get from Compiz in
Ubuntu.  Right now I've got Peppermint One which is using OpenBox as a
desktop compositor and I've been trying to get Compiz to work to
avail.  So I'm thinking of switching over to Xubuntu 10.10, because
the lightweight XFCE desktop environment would run better on my older
AMD Athlon XP 1.2GHz system with an 8x AGP Nvidia Geforce 5600 card
(or is that enough to run regular Ubuntu Desktop 10.10).

I've heard I can install Compiz or the Compiz Icon and use Desktop
Effects with XFCE, but I wanted to confirm that.  Can it be done?
Does anyone know?

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts