[DC LoCo] joint Debian/Ubuntu gathering Sat. Oct. 9, 4 pm at Taste of India

Nicholas Wheeler dragoncow2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 23:30:17 BST 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Keith Howell <keith.c.howell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Kevin (and groups),
>
> One suggestion I have is two stage.

> Secondly, eat at any of the restaurants around Pentagon City.
> (...)
> My reasoning for meeting in a open, public location is to attract
> attention. If people see us there talking about and working on
> computers, they may get curious and ask what we are doing. This is
> particularly true when the group has such a diverse demographic.
>
> Just my $.02   Any one else have any comments?

Just for the record, i've heard horror stories of groups of people
meeting up near the Pentagon (/mall) with lots of laptops and
computers. The local police apparently frown upon such behavior. For
what its' worth, the story I heard was with regards to a local hacking
group...but still.

Maybe we should avoid the Pentagon? :)

Thanks,

--