[DC LoCo] Workshops and BSPs

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Thu Oct 21 15:53:10 BST 2010

I've been inspired by the debian-nyc group's series of workshops [0] and bug
squashing parties [1] over the past year. The effort, largely led by
Richard Darst, really helped to build up their local community in the
lead up to DebConf10.

I want to help make similar things happen here in the DC area. Does
anyone have ideas and contacts for venues that could host 20 or so
attendees for workshops covering the process of getting involved in
ubuntu and debian development?

RFA, my former employer, continues to provide space for DCLUG and
(I think?) the merging local django/zope/python communities. It's
possible we could do something there.

Arlington's career center is another option. Is Jeff on this list?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for reading. :)

-edrz

[0] http://lists.vireo.org/pipermail/debiannyc/2010-October/001435.html