[DC LoCo] DELL Dimension 4500S revisited

Kenneth Stailey kstailey at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 14:20:34 BST 2010

--- On Mon, 10/11/10, Daniel Chen <seven.steps at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Daniel Chen <seven.steps at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [DC LoCo] DELL Dimension 4500S revisited
> To: "Kenneth Stailey" <kstailey at yahoo.com>
> Cc: ubuntu-us-dc at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Monday, October 11, 2010, 1:59 AM
> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 1:28 AM,
> Kenneth Stailey <kstailey at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Turns out the DELL Dimension 4500S installs 10.10
> provided that
> >
> > memory_corruption_check_size=128K
> >
> > is used in the boot options.
> >
> > I actually am using
> >
> > nopat memory_corruption_check_size=128K
>
> Do you actually *need* that leading "nopat"?
>
> Regardless, "ubuntu-bug linux" in a terminal emulator on
> an Internet-connected machine will be a starting point.

I know about "ubuntu-bug linux" but then they will change the bug report to incomplete unless I test on the upstream kernel too and that box is so very slow.

Meanwhile, I woke up thinking that if you have a suspend/resume issue you should try memory_corruption_check_size=128K too.

An interesting thread: