[DC LoCo] joint Debian/Ubuntu gathering Sat. Oct. 9, 4 pm at Taste of India

Kenneth Stailey kstailey at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 7 16:08:05 BST 2010

--- On Wed, 10/6/10, Aaron M. Ucko <ucko at debian.org> wrote:

> From: Aaron M. Ucko <ucko at debian.org>
> Subject: Re: [DC LoCo] joint Debian/Ubuntu gathering Sat. Oct. 9, 4 pm at Taste of India
> To: area-washington-dc at teams.debian.net, ubuntu-us-dc at lists.ubuntu.com
> Cc: "Christian T. Steigies" <cts at debian.org>, "Paul Donohue" <Debian at paulsd.com>
> Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2010, 4:12 PM
> Daniel Chen <seven.steps at gmail.com>
> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Aaron M. Ucko <ucko at debian.org>
> wrote:
> >> I'd like to make another attempt to get the local
> Debian and Ubuntu
> >> communities together this weekend, taking up the
> Ubuntu group's kind offer
> >> to let us join them at Taste of India in Woodley
> Park.
> >
> > I definitely will be late because of exam proctoring,
> but I'm happy to
> > organize a KSP if there's sufficient interest.
>
> That would be great; I know both of the folks I Cc:ed are
> looking for
> more signatures, and I'm always happy to participate as
> well.  (My
> current key has ID F14A64A2.)
>
> Incidentally, I'm open to meeting later if that's more
> convenient; I
> just understood 4:00 to be traditional.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Aaron M. Ucko, KB1CJC (amu at alum.mit.edu, ucko at
> debian.org)
> http://www.mit.edu/~amu/ | http://stuff.mit.edu/cgi/finger/?amu@monk.mit.edu

I use Facebook as an event calendar because it interfaces with my el-cheapo VM Rumor Touch smartphone very well.  As a consequence of that I'm always proxying events into Facebook.  I threw this one together a minute ago:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114345408625030

Hope that's not out-of-bounds.  If there's already a presence on Facebook please let me know.

BTW did you know that Facebook runs on CentOS?

http://www.se51.net/2007/11/22/facebook-runs-centos/

http://linuxsysadminblog.com/2010/09/a-day-in-the-life-of-facebook-operations/