[DC LoCo] Fwd: Second DC Community Broadband Summit at October 27

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 23:49:28 BST 2010

Hi,

Following up on my post from a few weeks ago (
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-dc/2010-September/001337.html)...
Some
of you asked for the pertinent details, including the registration link.
They just became available.  Read on.

For the newcomers to this list: The gist of the event is to find ways to
encourage and enable underserved individuals and communities to more fully
participate in an increasingly networked society. Last year was the first
time that the DC government held this event and I came with very low
expectations.  I was surprised at how well it went.  The focus in particular
was on elderly residents as well as low-income folks. I went last year and
handed out Ubuntu CD's and pushed for open source in general.