[DC LoCo] thoughtful tech commentary at the washington post [silverlight]

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 22:04:01 GMT 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
> On 11/08/2010 05:52 AM, Phil Shapiro wrote:
>>      It's a relief that our local newspaper, the Washington Post, has
>> a thoughtful tech reporter.
>>
>>   see http://tinyurl.com/2ef4hxy
>
> I actually don't have a problem with Silverlight, as long as there's a
> free implementation of it (there is, Moonlight[1]).
>
> Silverlight provides a usable alternative to Oracle Java for web
> applications that cannot be written efficiently or effectively in
> JavaScript. It also has the benefit of being the first mass-market web
> browser plugin capable of allowing you to run a current Python version
> in the browser[2].
>
> [1]: http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/
> [2]: http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/silverlight/index.shtml

Isn't Silverlight Microsoft's competitor to Adobe Flash?

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts