[DC LoCo] thoughtful tech commentary at the washington post [silverlight]

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Mon Nov 8 14:30:16 GMT 2010

On 11/08/2010 05:52 AM, Phil Shapiro wrote:
>      It's a relief that our local newspaper, the Washington Post, has
> a thoughtful tech reporter.
>   see http://tinyurl.com/2ef4hxy

I actually don't have a problem with Silverlight, as long as there's a
free implementation of it (there is, Moonlight[1]).

Silverlight provides a usable alternative to Oracle Java for web
applications that cannot be written efficiently or effectively in
JavaScript. It also has the benefit of being the first mass-market web
browser plugin capable of allowing you to run a current Python version
in the browser[2].

[1]: http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/
[2]: http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/silverlight/index.shtml

│Luke Faraone                          ╭Debian / Ubuntu Developer╮│
│http://luke.faraone.cc                ╰Sugar Labs, Systems Admin╯│
│PGP: 5189 2A7D 16D0 49BB 046B  DC77 9732 5DD8 F9FD D506          │