[DC LoCo] Upgrading to 10.04 using alternate cd has me hung at bootup with LUKS

Lucas Moten lucas.moten at gmail.com
Mon May 3 21:09:50 BST 2010

Ugh my email skills are lacking - I just sent to Kevin instead of the list
by mistake.

My current progress / changes on this are as follows..

1) I can press ESC at the splash, or ALT+F1 to switch to other screens
2) I can no longer seem to drop to initramfs
3) Luckily, shortly after setting up the encryption before, I created a USB
Key to unlock automatically
4) Using my USB key, I can get it to unlock the disk and get to a login
screen

Now I just got to sort through my config files and see whats wrong so I can
type in a password at the prompt.  When I type only a few characters of the
password, those lights stop cycling between white/orange.

And maybe now would be a good time to make a backup key.

-Lucas