[DC LoCo] RMS on Craigslist... (Linux Chix, be afraid.)

Ted Smith teddks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 20:17:49 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 10:14 -0500, Kevin Cole wrote:
> John Knight passed this one on.
>
> http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/bos/533096562.html

Some people look at this and laugh, but I see someone who is so
dedicated to their cause that they have chosen against nearly all of the
aspects of life that the rest of us take for granted. RMS might act like
a robot at times, but he isn't one; he's a human with the same emotions
as anyone else. To me, this post is an indication of some sort of
loneliness or desire for companionship - things he feels because instead
of hacking or being retired and settling down with a family, he is out
there, going around the world every month, fighting for us.

As an anarchist I typically disapprove of vanguardism, but if it wasn't
for RMS being the professional revolutionary he is, and giving up
everything else in order to do it, who knows where we'd be.

Thanks, RMS.