[DC LoCo] Agendum 02-13-2010

Ted Smith teddks at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 20:22:19 GMT 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-13 at 13:20 -0500, William Wolf wrote:
> I personally am interested in pulseaudio and empathy-otr the most.
> I'd much rather work on empathy-otr than pidgin since pidgin is no
> longer standard anyway.  But overall I think this is a good list.
> Also I'm not sure how many bugs transmission has, but It seems to me
> the biggest benefit to the most users will be working on standard
> packages included in the default install that more users are likely to
> use?

Empathy-OTR doesn't exist. It's currently being implemented, but that's
going slow because Empathy's design is futuristic in the same sense the
HURD's design is.

Pidgin is more widely used than Empathy in Ubuntu and outside, and
working on it will be better not just for Ubuntu, but for the Free
World.

Transmission has a small number of bugs, with much higher coverage than
Deluge. Most of them are wishlist bugs. Adopting it would be a much
easier task. I didn't think of including it - I've never touched it.