[DC LoCo] Agendum 02-13-2010

William Wolf throughnothing at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 18:20:29 GMT 2010

I personally am interested in pulseaudio and empathy-otr the most.
I'd much rather work on empathy-otr than pidgin since pidgin is no
longer standard anyway.  But overall I think this is a good list.
Also I'm not sure how many bugs transmission has, but It seems to me
the biggest benefit to the most users will be working on standard
packages included in the default install that more users are likely to
use?

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Ted Smith <teddks at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 09:52 -0500, Brian Curtis wrote:
>> [ACTION] Magilum to nominate packages for loco adoption
>
> I'm doing this on the list, because I may not be able to be online at
> 6:00.
>
> The candidates are:
>
>      * Pidgin: This has a huge number of bugs and would certainly
>        justify a team effort. However, it might be too huge a number,
>        and it seems well-covered already. (709 bugs/425 new bugs)
>      * Pulseaudio: This has a huge number of bugs with not a lot of
>        coverage. (574/379)
>      * Liferea: This is a GNOME desktop feed reader. It has a moderate
>        amount of bugs, and is somewhat covered. I think we could deal
>        with all or most of the bugs in a month of weekly jams. (45/18)
>      * GIMP: A bit more bugs than Liferea, but nowhere near Pidgin or
>        PA. Seems to have pretty decent coverage. Probably doable in a
>        month. (74/38)
>      * Deluge: This is the best bittorrent client in the world. It has
>        less bugs than GIMP and Liferea, more than Sugar, but almost no
>        coverage. (58/51)
>      * A KDE package of Maco's suggestion: I don't and have never used
>        KDE, and as such have no idea what I could put here, but would
>        like to have at least something from it in the running.
>      * Empathy-OTR: Oh wait, this package doesn't exist. (0/0)
>
> My vote is for Deluge, since I love it and it has the worst coverage. I
> think my second vote would go for the GIMP, since it's high-profile but
> doesn't have a lot of bugs (comparatively).
>
> If anyone else has suggestions, feel free to bring them up - I can't
> know what everyone wants.

William Wolf