[DC LoCo] an iPhone/iPad app for the DC LoCo group

Phil Shapiro pshapiro at his.com
Fri Feb 12 13:43:14 GMT 2010

hi ubuntistas,

   okay, this sounds a bit counter-intuitive, but it just occurred to
me that our loco could do some incredibly effective outreach by having
its own iPhone/iPad app -- whose sole purpose is to display rss feeds
-- text, graphics, and YouTube videos associated with the DC LoCo.

     how much would it cost to have our own app? about $99 via
http://ubuildapp.com

     this blog post got me thinking along these lines.

  http://tinyurl.com/ycu2ae4

      consider this -- how valuable is it to our group to have someone
who believes in free software loan their ipad to a friend (for a
minute) so the friend can learn a little more about the ubuntu loco
here in the DC-area. our images, our words, our videos would pop up
onto that screen. we can even have screencasts showing up on the ipad.

       to my mind that would sure be worth $99 -- and count me in as
one of the people willing to help fund this app -- and to create
content for the app.

        we could even charge for our app to help defray the cost of
having it made. are there 99 people in the DC-area who would want to
buy such an app for their iPhone/iPad. methinks there are a lot more
than 99 people in our area who believe in free software.

            phil

http://www.virtualteacher.com.au/crazyone.html

Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html