[DC LoCo] Recent News: Google now offers Video Chat in Linux

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 03:02:29 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Jeremy Bicha <jeremy at bicha.net> wrote:
> It looks like Google released the plugin just in time for today's
> announcement of greater integration between Gmail and Google Voice.
> You can now call phones from Gmail or receive phone calls. It's not
> really that much of a new feature since Google Voice has been
> available to anyone who wants it for a while but this makes it more
> discoverable by the masses.
>
> http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/call-phones-from-gmail.html

I just tried it by calling a friend of mine.  The sound quality is
pretty good.  Not quite as crystal clear as Skype but not bad either.
I'm sure it will only improve with time.  If you go to your Google
Voice account you can setup the service to ring GoogleTalk along with
any other phones you want.  Its pretty nice.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking

Visit My Site:  http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1
To Contact Me:
http://sites.google.com/site/thezorch/home-1/zorch-central---contacts