[DC LoCo] Release Party

Daniel Chen seven.steps at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 03:58:42 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
> I was at the Sunlight Foundation's party last year, and, although it was
> not as well-attended as some hoped, they do actually have a pretty nice
> venue, a large conference room, and high-quality connectivity. (Useful
> if we're going to be installing / downloading additional software from
> the internet)

In my mind, this coming release party needs to accommodate at least
three things:
* reliable, high-speed Internet connectivity
* fairly central, easily Metrorail-accessible location for NoVA, DC, and MD
* food

Why do I place connectivity over food? Simple: we're celebrating a
release, and we'd like to point out cool things on our laptops to
those who pop in and/or wander by. And, of course, to each other.

Why the focus on a central location? To put it plainly, our LoCo's
most active members are from NoVA, DC, and MD. It "makes sense" to
attempt to accommodate the metro region.

Food, well, is slightly more contentious. Suffice to say that I [as a
celiac vegan] can't eat most things at nearly every restaurant, so I'd
much rather spend time dialing up the tubes than worrying about food.
Understandably, however, most people will want to eat, drink, and be
merry -- therefore I couldn't care less where the food venue is.

So -- perhaps the MD LoCo team can help us out here?

-Dan