[DC LoCo] Reapproval Tomorrow

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 17:30:55 BST 2010

I feel we've done well consistently at distributing CD's at large
events.  Some of us (not I) have done a fair amount of work in the bug
jamming arena.

In the not-so-good department: Meetings, online or elsewhere.  A noble
effort is being made of late, but people have so much on their plate.
(Saturday I missed the first day of planning for DC Week because I was
at the planning for Scratch Day meeting.  Then I rushed to TOI to see
what might be shakin' there.)

I think a good pair of questions at this last minute is what do we
want to be and what does the LoCo Council want us to be?  *I* want us
to be an outreach and education resource for less-technical folks --
a.k.a. the teeming, great unwashed ;-) -- particularly in schools.
But that's me speaking for me, and I haven't been incredibly
successful in making that happen, though every once in a while I get
rumblings that it is beginning to  happen slowly, whether because of
my efforts or in spite of them.

--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC