[DC LoCo] hank crank recharger for new ubuntu tablet

flint at flint.com flint at flint.com
Mon Sep 28 16:22:17 BST 2009

Dear Mackenzie,

I bow to your knowledge.  I recall seeing the crank in some pictures
early in the OLPC development cycle...

The impression I get is that hardware features are an elastic feature of
the OLPC, as in sometimes they are there and sometimes not.

Regards,

Flint

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:

> Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:01:04 -0400
> From: Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com>
> To: ubuntu-us-dc at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: [DC LoCo] hank crank recharger for new ubuntu tablet
>
> On Monday 28 September 2009 10:33:33 am flint at flint.com wrote:
>> Dear Chuck,
>>
>> You are correct the OLPC systems exported did have a crank function.
>
> Are you sure? I thought they decided it was infeasible and went for a power
> adapter.  I did see a foot pedal demo'd at OLPCLCDC though.
>
> --
> Mackenzie Morgan
> http://ubuntulinuxtipstricks.blogspot.com
> apt-get moo

Kindest Regards,

Paul Flint
(802) 479-2360

/************************************
Based upon email reliability concerns,
please send an acknowledgment in response to this note.

Paul Flint
Barre Open Systems Institute
17 Averill Street
Barre, VT
05641

http://www.bosivt.org
http://www.flint.com/home
skype: flintinfotech
Work: (202) 537-0480

Consilium                                       _
gratuitum        .~.     ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
valet            /V\      against HTML e-mail   X
quanti          /( )\     www.asciiribbon.org  / \
numerantur      ^^-^^