[DC LoCo] Verizon changes

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 01:30:23 BST 2009

On Tuesday 22 September 2009 7:55:59 pm Marti Martinson wrote:
> Hello, and good evening. I am using Ubuntu 9.04, Evolution mail app, and
> verizon.net DSL. The DSL modem was set up under Windows XP with a
> Verizon install CD, but I later bought a pre-installed Ubuntu box. I
> only needed to connect all the peripherals (monitor, dsl, keyboard,
> mouse, speakers) and all has been well for 2+ years.
>
> Question for any verizon dsl users: I have gotten word from them that
> port 25 is to be blocked. The site:
>
> http://verizon.net/port25
>
> gives steps to set-up Thunderbird. I TRULY have gone through the
> Preferences in Evo and cannot find where to put port 587 (their change).
> Does anyone else use verizon.net and Ubuntu? Have you done this set-up?

From Evolution's Help:
Your system administrator might ask you to connect to a specific port on a mail
server. To specify which port you use, just type a colon and the port number
after the server name. For example, to connect to port 143 on the server
smtp.example.com, specify smtp.example.com:143 as the server name.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo