[DC LoCo] Attempts to Upgrade 9.10

Marti Martinson arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Fri Oct 30 19:24:23 GMT 2009

I am "assuming" (deadly, that) it is related to traffic, but after
running the Update Manager to endure I have nothing to Update, I clicked
the Upgrade button and nothing happens. I finally get a box stating
"Release notes could not be found. Check your internet connection."
Well, I launched Firefox, checked, some sites, and now sending
email.....I've had Ubuntu since 7.10, and this has never happened.

I am downloading an Alternate Install iso anyway.....I do have a 9.04J
Ubuntu system to upgrade FROM.

Just curious.....as the iso is now at 26% at 346 kb/sec.

I must have some connection. :)

Thanks, and have a great weekend.