[DC LoCo] Laser Printer and Thermal Label Printer seeking a new home

Lucas Moten lucas.moten at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 21:25:10 GMT 2009

I currently have 2 printers I'm no longer using that I'm willing to give
away to a new home (office/school/biz/etc) rather then dump in a landfill if
anyone is interested.

The laser printer is a Samsung ML-1740, and works out of the box with
Ubuntu.  It was acquired about 5 years ago, and is reasonably quiet and
quick for low cost printing.  There is a problem with either the fuser or
drum or some other component that currently causes it to splotch toner or
repeat it in the middle of the page.  I don't know if its worth repairing or
not.

The thermal printer is a Zebra Eltron and works with the 4x6 peel-and-stick
postage labels (think UPS labels).  I have had it working with Linux in the
past through a serial port.  To my knowledge, there is nothing wrong with
this unit but it has been about 3 years since I last used it.  I have 11
remaining label rolls (250 labels/roll) to go with it of the non-UPS
variety.

-Lucas