[DC LoCo] OS on thumb drive question

Jeff Elkner jeff at elkner.net
Sat Nov 14 14:59:25 GMT 2009

Wow, Luke, I would like to see that!  My experience has been that
Ubuntu on USB actually runs on a read-only file system from a cd iso
image.  I've even made custom ones, but you can not update the
software on them.  Using a RW file of some type, you can save stuff to
the home directory.

If there really is a way to install Ubuntu on a USB that permitted
updates, I'd like to know about it.

jeff elkner