[DC LoCo] BarCampDC3

Arc Riley arcriley at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 4 23:25:49 GMT 2009

Barcamp is coming up, I'd like to encourage everyone to attend (wearing
Ubuntu shirts) and many to present topics related to Ubuntu - that is to
say, attend as a LoCo function.

I'm putting together a presentation on using Ubuntu for public terminals,
such as at libraries.  I'll cover "guest" accounts (temporary accounts which
are deleted when they log out), setting up a network fileserver for home
directories and giving every patron a username, LTSP, and success stories.
If someone would like to do this with me I'd love to collaborate.

It'd be awesome if others came prepared to present on a general introduction
to Ubuntu and free software, Edubuntu, GIMP and Inkscape, etc.  There's
countless Ubuntu-promoting subjects you can present on, and first time
attendees are expected to present at Barcamps anyway ;-)

There's going to be many librarians from the DC Public Library attending so
this is a great opportunity to network and help get Ubuntu available at all
district libraries.*