[DC LoCo] "Gut feeling" desired from the experts, on a pseudo Lubuntu install

Marti Martinson arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Tue Nov 3 22:51:30 GMT 2009

Well, if I would have just waited a day until the distrowatch newsletter
came out about Ubuntu:

One promising Ubuntu variant missing from the distribution's product
line-up last week was Lubuntu - an Ubuntu with the LXDE desktop.

Additionally, if you want to test a minimal installation of Lubuntu then
install a command-line system with an Ubuntu alternate ISO and install
lubuntu-desktop. Lubuntu 9.10 is more of a prototype than a real
release, more will come with Lucid Lynx - new shiny packages, new
artwork, and maybe new default applications. If you want to help, all
information is available on the Wiki page, and on the mailing list."

Good things come to those who wait.

Marti