[DC LoCo] 9.10 notes

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 00:28:24 GMT 2009

On Saturday 31 October 2009 6:28:35 pm Chuck Glenn wrote:
> So far, no major issues!
>
> Another minor inconvenience
> that persists is that WiFi continues to boot up "enabled", even when I
> disabled it during last use, and it wants to seek WiFi connections
> even when the wired network is connected.  I was hoping at some point
> they'd make it skip that.

Bug filed?

> And again, I experienced a little frustration trying to set the
> nautilus options when the "edit preferences" box is taller than the
> 1024x600 display.  I had to guess how many tabs to use to be able to
> press the "ok" or "apply" button.  The trick there is to tab until an
> outline appears at the tabs along the top, then shift-tab once to go
> back.

Most GNOME apps use instant-apply instead of having "Cancel" "OK" and "Apply"
buttons like KDE apps.  That means that just closing the window (alt+f4 for
your window manager probably, alt+c for the Close button) is enough.

> I tried the "netbook remix" again, and still don't like it for
> permanent use, even on a netbook.  It seemed a tiny bit harder to
> "revert" it than in 9.04.  For those needing to, here's what I had to
> do:

Did ya try the Kubuntu Netbook Edition too?

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo