[DC LoCo] Comcast Question

Marti Martinson arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Mon May 18 02:34:50 BST 2009

I am sorry for not "Replying", but I simply had to go through the Inbox
and delete stuff. However, I just now thought about the Comcast thread
for help. I do not know if that thread is closed, but I guess I'd like
to offer this:

When Comcast comes out to set up, just simply do not have the Ubuntu box
"handy", insert some excuse you feel comfortable with. Ask them if they
set-up/test the modem, the tech may have a laptop. If they set-up with
Windows, undoubtedly, attaching the Ubuntu box later should just work.

I have Verizon DSL (different, I know) but the account was set-up under
Windows. When I bought this pre-installed Ubuntu box (at 7.10) I had to
do NOTHING for it to work with the modem. I simply connected everything
and it found the modem. I was on-line with Ubuntu and DSL without any
config changes.

I hope this was not out-of-line, or the thread closed.

Marti
Eternal Newbie (hey, I know my limits)