[DC LoCo] Linux Foundation announces new Linux.com

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Fri May 15 18:54:40 BST 2009

On Friday 15 May 2009 1:27:15 pm Phil Shapiro wrote:
>   this is wonderful news. (see press release summary below.)
>
> Linux Foundation Unveils New Linux.com
>
> SAN FRANCISCO, May 13, 2009 ? The Linux Foundation (LF), the nonprofit
> organization dedicated to accelerating the growth of Linux, today
> announced the formal launch of Linux.com. The Foundation took over
> stewardship of the site in March, at which time it began soliciting
> input from the community to help define the new Linux.com via its
> Ideaforge web tool. Today, it unveils the results of that input and a
> new online home for all things Linux.

Since that says like...nothing...I'll tell ya:
It's a social networking site where you can also blog or write tech articles
(just like how old linux.com had articles).  It's also got all of TLDP and the
manpages in one centralized place.

And to the other ladies here:
I got permission from the Tres Chix (the triumvirate that runs LinuxChix) to
start a LinuxChix group on there.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo