[DC LoCo] trying out firefox 3.1 beta

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 20:01:48 GMT 2009

On Thursday 19 March 2009 2:29:38 pm Phil Shapiro wrote:

> hi dc ubuntu community,
>
>     i'm itching to try out firefox 3.1 beta but am not sure whether
> firefox 3.1 can coexist at the same time on my computer as firefox 3.
> does anyone happen to know if both browsers can exist on the same
> computer?

Mozilla distributes statically linked tarballs of Firefox.  You can untar one
of these on your desktop and run it from there.  Can't run 2 Firefoxes on the
same profile at the same time though, of course.  So if you don't specify a
second profile, and 1 FF is already running, it'll just open a new window of
the old one.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo