[DC LoCo] Deactivated???

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 00:19:54 GMT 2009

On Monday 16 March 2009 4:26:16 pm Kevin Cole wrote:

> > I got a rather distrubing email from noreply at ubuntu.com telling
> > me our team is deactivated....what gives?
>
> Not quite: The message said our team (the DC LoCo) had been deactivated
> from the "NU Ubuntu Team" -- Launchpad allows teams within teams.  So, our
> team is no longer considered a sub-team of NU Ubuntu Team. As to the whys
> and wherefores, I would guess it's because NU Ubuntu Team is a sub-team of
> Dead Ubuntu Team, which doesn't sound terribly promising. ;-)
>
> https://edge.launchpad.net/~deadubuntuteam

Exactly.  Our team is alive, so it made sense to me to get the "we're dead"
text off our team's front page.  I'm an admin on the NU team, so I removed DC
from NU in order to get DC un-listed as "dead."  So really, the deactivate
message was "we're not dead yet!" (cue man with cart and bell shouting "bring
out yer dead!")

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo