[DC LoCo] Help put Ubuntu in space.

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 07:36:02 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 8:49:47 pm Kevin Cole wrote:
> Consider it a tribute to space tourist Mark Shuttleworth. ;-)
>
> NASA's running a contest to name the newest node of the International
> Space Station, and while Stephen Colbert, Dave Barry's dog Buddy, and
> Scientology's alien master Xenu are all in the running, so is Ubuntu.
> As entertaining as the other names are, I think I'm going to play it
> serious (for once) and vote to give it a more meaningful name.
> Details
>
> http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/name_ISS/index.html

I don't know, I mean, Serenity's an option.  Serenity's a space ship too so
that makes sense, and well...do we *really* want River Tam to come kick our
butts for voting against Serenity?  She's a good fighter.**  30 reavers, 1
teenage girl. Teenage girl wins.

Yeah, uh, I voted for Serenity.  Space stations seem to have more in common
with sci-fi than with software, IMO.

** fight scene (0:21 is my favourite move):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKIHt3naPCk
--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo