[DC LoCo] Is there a viable free software equivalent to quickbooks?

flint at flint.com flint at flint.com
Fri Feb 6 16:37:24 GMT 2009

Dear Jeff,

My experience is that the only program that I cannot get running under
wine or Crossover Office is Intuit Quickbooks Pro 2008.  The folks at Code
Weavers admit that this is an issues they are actually working on.

That said, I could not recommend this program for any cross platform
effort.

Alternatives are something I am interested in investigating...
I am concerned that GNUcash is over complicated, but I have never used it.

Kindest Regards,

Paul

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Jeffrey Elkner wrote:

> Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 18:28:41 -0500
> From: Jeffrey Elkner <jeff at elkner.net>
> To: flint at flint.com
> Cc: justlikeatree at hotmail.com
> Subject: Is there a viable free software equivalent to quickbooks?
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> I called and left a message on your cell.  My friend Luci Murphy with the DC
> Grey Panthers is looking for software to help manage their organization's
> data.
>
> People have been recommending quickbooks to her, and I was just wondering if
> you knew of a free software equivalent.
>
> Thanks!
>
> jeff

Kindest Regards,

Paul Flint
(802) 479-2360

/************************************
Based upon email reliability concerns,
please send an acknowledgment in response to this note.

Paul Flint
Barre Open Systems Institute
17 Averill Street
Barre, VT