[DC LoCo] Fwd: Closing Cleveland Park computer clinic. Nothing's ever simple. ; -)

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 16:44:03 GMT 2009

Sigh.  I was so hoping to stick closer to home...

---------- Forwarded message from Erin at Kid Power ----------

Hi Kevin and Sanjay,

So unfortunately I just got the word back from Marie Reed that they actually
don't want the computers. They have a new policy where they can't take used
donated computers. They did say if we want we could give them to individual
kids/families who don't have computers.

I also just talked to the principal, Mr . Hughes at Tubman ES. and they
would love the computers and we can deliver them on Saturday. He said 9 am
but based on the library hours it looks like it would have to be later.

I'm sorry MArie Reed wont take them but Tubman is a great school where we
have been working for years and have great relationships with the admin.,
kids, and their families.

Please let me know if you are okay with the lab going to Tubman or if you
would want to give the computers to individual families.

Tubman's address is:

*Tubman Elementary School*
3101 13th Street NW
Washington, DC 2000