[DC LoCo] Java slowness, solved, sort of

Greg Reagle greagle at citidc.com
Mon Dec 7 17:40:17 GMT 2009

I tried various alternatives (openjdk, icedtea, gcj, etc.) to sun-java6-jre on Ubuntu 9.10 to no avail.

I installed Ubuntu 8.04 (LTS) with sun-java6-jre and Java is significantly less slow.  It is not speedy, but I can live with it.

--
greg reagle | computer technician, system administrator | community it innovators - CITI | 202-234-1600 ext. 353