[DC LoCo] Release party?

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 05:39:52 BST 2009

On Sunday 05 April 2009 11:41:00 pm Kevin Cole wrote:
> brady.merriweather at gmail.com wrote:
> > Is there a planned Jaunty release party planned? Date/time/location?
> > Here in VA.. don't see much going on with the team here.
>
> For past releases, there's been an InstallFest at GWU. Dunno if anything's
> cooking for the latest release. (I've largely fallen off the radar while
> trying to juggle adjunct teaching w/ another job.  Never again.)

We at GWU have been talking to Scott over at the Sunlight Foundation, because
they want to host an installfest, and we figure we'll have an easier time
dealing with their network than with GWU's rules.

However, I do think a release party would be a good idea.  After all, this is
Ubuntu's 10th release!  Suggestions on location?  Cap City Brewing and Taste
of India are all I can think of.  Taste is probably easier since it's got a
few big tables (getting space for lots of people at Cap City is hard), plus
they run Kubuntu there.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo