[DC LoCo] Takoma Park Folk Festival: Bring a tent

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 8 16:43:34 BST 2008

Hi all,

This weekend I got the annual green-light "TPFF logistics and unloading
pass" -- again as Word documents, Boo -- for the Ubuntu LoCo table.  I'm
guessing our neighbors, OLPC Learning Club and HacDC have also.

Based on the past two years there, a tent for your space is a very good
idea... (But this year, life's easier since TPFF is providing tables.)

Jeff, you've got our tent...  Who's got the wheels?  Or do you want to lug
 tent/boxes, etc on the metro?  LoCo folks who are driving w/ stuff to
unload should get the Unloading Pass from me for your windshield.  I've got
 two boxes of CD's (one rather small), the banner, and if I can dig it up,
the cut-out stickers from last year.  I also hope to bring my Ubuntu laptop
and XO laptop, and if I find a bit of time to burn 'em, some Live Sugar
CD's.  With all that to carry, I hope someone will bring a cooler full of
Diet Coke. ;-)

Also, perhaps if I can figure out a way to bring it without damaging it, I
may bring my spankin' brand new "Brain Machine" built at yesterday's HacDC
gig.  I figure that's at least one small thing to bring to the HacDC table.
 Might be nice if others brought theirs or similar battery-powered trinkets
for people to fool with.

We should plan for a three-group postmortem somewhere too. ;-) Not
necessarily on the same day (though, if circumstances permit, I probably
won't be averse to such).