[DC LoCo] GUIs lie.

flint at flint.com flint at flint.com
Thu Nov 13 18:03:31 GMT 2008

Dear Phil,

If you can start by rebooting the GUI.  If necessary (or possible) reboot
the entire machine.

Also go to a command line, become root, type "df -h", cut and paste the
results to this board.

Regards,

Flint

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008, Phil Shapiro wrote:

> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:41:09 -0500
> From: Phil Shapiro <pshapiro at his.com>
> To: Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team <ubuntu-us-dc at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Subject: [DC LoCo] zero bytes available
>

> hi group,
>
>   on my ubuntu computer at work i'm getting a message that i have zero bytes
> available on the computer. (i get this number when i right-mouse click on the
> Filesystem and choose Properties.)
>
>    however,  when i open the user folder on this computer, it says i have 54
> gigabytes free.
>
>    anyone have any ideas about this? i've tried deleting items from this
> computer and it still says i have zero bytes free.
>
>           phil
>
> --
> Phil Shapiro  pshapiro at his.com
> http://www.his.com/pshapiro/briefbio.html
> http://philsrssfeed.blogspot.com
> http://www.his.com/pshapiro/stories.menu.html
>
> "Wisdom starts with wonder." - Socrates
> "Learning happens through gentleness."

Kindest Regards,

Paul Flint
(802) 479-2360

/************************************
Based upon email reliability concerns,
please send an acknowledgment in response to this note.

Paul Flint
Barre Open Systems Institute
17 Averill Street
Barre, VT