[DC LoCo] [thelist] Equipment Donations Needed

WBIX media training wbixclass at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 02:41:34 BST 2008

Dear Jim
instead of photoshop and macs, why not use Pentium 3 PCs with UBUNTU (free) & Gimp (free, it also runs under Windows) which would make your computing needs much simpler to fulfill?
Ryme Katkhouda
msg 202-452-5936  wbixclass at yahoo.com or voiceswithvision at gmail.com

founding director of the Peoples MEDIA Center, Washington DC, Make $$s by supporting us! Join http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/96184

co-founder of the dcradiocoop.org and wbix.org
Executive Producer of "Voices With Vision", Th 11am on WPFW.org 89.3FM in DC
Senior Producer, news editor and trainer at Pacifica Radio Network
Radio Training director at WPFW 89.3FM for 2 1/2 years
National Correspondent with Free Speech Radio News FSRN.org
****

vernard r gray <moderator at gwaba.net> wrote:                        Please forward to anyone that you think may be a good resource
  Respond to Kim Johnson, 202.842.2537, Kjsoul1 at aol.com

  Dear Friends, family and Colleagues,

  I am teaching a photography class this summer to teenage mothers at MEI Futures Academy PSC in DC. I am in need some equipment to fully carry out the scope of the class.
  I have been teaching them math for the past several months and incorporating art projects into the curriculum. This class is called Photography and Design. I will be teaching the basics of digital photography and Image transfer. The students will be learning how to take photographs, edit them in Photoshop and transform them in to works of art on fabric, jewelry, magnets and paper. If you have any of these items to donate or a financial donation, please contact me as soon as possible. I am available to pick them up if needed. Here is the list:

          SLR digital camera and lenses   with manual settings (Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax)
         Point and Shoot digital cameras
             Memory   cards for cameras
         Mac computers ( lap top,   imac, current operating system, G4 or better)
             Epson   ink jet photo printer and ink
   [8x10 or 11x14]
         Epson Ink jet photo paper or other good quality photo   paper [8x10 and/or 11x14]
             Heat   transfer press & paper
         Fabric   (remnants all kinds, African print, mud cloth, canvas, denim, cotton,   stretchy)
             Toaster oven
         Pasta   machine

 Thank you, in advance, for your support,
   Kim Johnson
  202.842.2537
  Kjsoul1 at aol.com
  www.urbanoasisstudio.com