[DC LoCo] Fwd: Photo Editing class - Re-Run July 6th by popular demand

Sanjay Jain oss.cleveland at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 20:12:02 BST 2008

Please forward to interested people.

~sanjay

Sanjay Jain <oss.cleveland at yahoo.com> wrote: To: cleveland-park at yahoogroups.com
From: Sanjay Jain <oss.cleveland at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 09:39:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [Cleveland-Park] Photo Editing class - Rerun July 6th by popular demand

                             Hello Neighbors,

 By request Amy Schumann is hosting the "Photo Editing" class again. Last time it was mentioned that software she used (GIMP) is remarkably similar to Photoshop. As usual the Free Software Support Group (FSSG), we'll be looking at concepts and methods, so that skills learned can be applied to any software and operating system.

 Location: CP library -1st floor auditorium
 Time: Sunday July 6th,  between 2 and 4 pm.

 This class is for people familiar with basic digital photography, and want to learn how to manipulate those photos. Amy's words: "I thought I'd begin by walking through a project like the Christmas cards (editing, cropping, layering, etc.) Then I can show a few other samples and explain how to do them."

 Here's a link to some of Amy's work:

 http://groups.google.com/group/fssg-20008/web/amys-photo-editing-samples

 There'll be time for questions, for people to play around, and try things out themselves.

 ~sanjay

--
Intellectual property can stimulate innovation, so can war... in both cases the negatives don't justify the 'progress'.... In recent times, humanity has spent more effort in producing smaller mp3 players and cell-phones than clean water and sanitation for everybody... isn't it time to reevaluate how we motivate people?