[DC LoCo] FOSS helps Free Geek Vancouver become an ethical recycler

Sanjay Jain oss.cleveland at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 18:30:54 BST 2008

I'm up for starting a "Free Geek DC".... any one want to join me? Or help out?

~sanjay

Kevin Cole <kjcole at ubuntu.com> wrote: Free Geek Vancouver (FGV) is now certified as the first ethical recycler in
western Canada by the Basel Action Network (BAN), and an important part of
the certification is the organization's refurbishing of used computers with
free and open source software (FOSS).

Article continues at:
   http://www.linux.com/feature/134805

See also:
   http://www.freegeek.org/

(I know I've floated this with some of you before, but "Free Geek DC" anyone?)
--
  Kevin Cole                 |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7   (GPG/PGP)
  Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team  |     WWW: http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/

           ". ! 1 |" -- Rene Magritte's computer

Intellectual property can stimulate innovation, so can war... in both cases the negatives don't justify the 'progress'.... In recent times, humanity has spent more effort in producing smaller mp3 players and cell-phones than clean water and sanitation for everybody... isn't it time to reevaluate how we motivate people?