[DC LoCo] Adventures in Damn Small Linux (DSL)

ARTHUR MARTINSON arthur.martinson at verizon.net
Sat Jan 5 03:46:59 GMT 2008

The memory I just bought (1GB for notebook) has gone bad. It ran for one
evening and today the laptop would not boot, so I removed the extra RAM
and all is well....back at 256MB. At least the CPU is 2.8GHz. I went
online and found a 256MB (PC2700 DDR333); just $15 so I may as well try.
Best Buy did refund the 1GB.

Now that I know Xubuntu is out, it does look like fluxbuntu or
ubuntulite. But just wanted to share that the embedded DSL (in a qemu(?)
virtual player) is rather nifty.

  http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/damnsmall/current/

(the embedded.zip file)

There is an article here:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/470563/virtual_machine_software_for_beginners.html

Maybe old hat to you guys.....Have a great weekend.

Marti