[DC LoCo] [Fwd: Re: DC computer refurbishing and open sourcesoftware...]

Riley hamilton riley.hamilton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 02:43:09 GMT 2008

The kids were part of the DC summer school to work program.  Most of
them were between 13 -16.  They were actually paid workers and also
learned PC skills, work skills, life skills, etc.  I believe the
afternoon session did audio editing on both windows and ubuntu.  They
also did digital editing on both since gimp runs on both platforms.
We had a very wide range of skillsets.  When I asked some of the kids
what they used at home they were not even sure.  They all loved the
Ubuntu studio machine when it got setup and the speakers turned on.