[DC LoCo] [Fwd: Re: DC computer refurbishing and open sourcesoftware...]

Craig Wiggins craigwiggins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:32:25 GMT 2008

On 2/14/08, Kevin Cole <kjcole at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> My "snotty" side was tempted to write back to Mr. Dodge with a comment
> like "The fact/theory/rumor that DC kids are either less educated or
> less intelligent than students in developing countries isn't a
> software problem." But I resisted. ;-)

Ha! Yeah...unfortunately, a real bias that persists even in those who serve
DC public schoolkids.
Yeah, I agree about teens maybe not *en masse* being an easy nut to crack --
not just because of their need to conform, but also because of their lack
(again, generalizing) of the need to consider things like price
and entrenchment in propriety software as a result of business situations.

I'm totally going to try to be an audience plant.