[DC LoCo] Promote Open Source or protest the government?

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 6 23:58:02 GMT 2008

Mackenzie Morgan wrote:

 > February meeting? When? Where? What?

He seems to have fantasized that one all on his own.  Or maybe he's
thinking of DCLUG / NOVALUG.  That said, we SHOULD try to meet.
Possible topics include:

  * the LoCo mailing list is looking for LoCo reports

  * lots of action in the XO world -- though not Ubuntu there seems
    to be a lot of overlap

  * the upcoming panel discussion -- Note: this now conflicts with
    an XO "sprint" happening at the Arlington Career Center.  (And
    a birthday party I'm attending afterwards. ;-)) Busy, busy.

  * the podcast from idealist.org... Douglas is looking for reports
    from users of the labs we've helped put together to add to the
    podcast

  * we're seeing some action at the Cleveland Park Library

  * someone (probably me if I ever have time) should reconnect w/ Al
    Fishawy I know Ryme's reached out to the list a couple of times...

  * volunteering for the Linux booth at FOSE -- if there is one this
    year.  Last Saturday's NOVALUG meeting implied that it *might* not
    be a given this year

  * thinking ahead to Hardy and an InstallFest? BTW, *yesterday* I got
    a small, completely unexpected shipment of Gutsy server CDs. A wee
    bit late, but since I had no idea they were coming... whatever.

And, of course, food and drink!