[DC LoCo] Fw: Seeking IT Assistance

Shea Almumin sbalmumin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:32:15 GMT 2008

Hey Sanjay,

Let's address this directly. Matthew, it looks like you are the victim of a
Google Windows Engineer as we sometimes call them. What you need to get up
an running it seems is an application server, DNS (Domain Name Server), and
NFS (Network File System) share. I mean one server, one storage server, and
11 desktops is not much. Seriously, I have more servers and laptops that
this in my own house. You can keep the Windows Desktops. Make the DNS server
and Application server Ubuntu 8.04LTS or OpenSUSE 11.1 (Since you may be
more interested in a GUI for administration instead of any command-line
usage).

Now, I work full-time as a Linux Systems Administrator. We can volunteer and
this simple issue can be solved in a weekend. If someone wants to get
together and do this work voluntarily, I don't mind. I am sure that a couple
of us can meet up with Matthew and get this thing done quickly. It is such a
simple problem to resolve.

Matthew, you will be paying for some Subs, Pizza, and soda and we will get
it done. That is how us OpenSource FOSS folks work. It's not all about money
with us. Just FYI. I am MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, CompTIA Linux +, MCSA, and MCP
Certified and hold a B.Sc. in IT Management and I am in the last semester of
my Master of Science in Educationa and Instructional Technology. We are not
joe know nothings on here. =) Plus, education doesn't mean everything. I
know people that program Linux that can run circles around me and don't have
the first certification or a degree.

Well, let us know.

Regards,
Shea