[DC LoCo] showcasing ubuntu as an educational delivery platform

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:50:09 GMT 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 14:05, Phil Shapiro <pshapiro at his.com> wrote:

> dear ubuntu fans,
>
>    i'm curious to know how much time and effort it would take to add a menu
> item to ubuntu that says: "Get educational content" and then have educational
> content created locally delivered to that computer?  would it be possible to set
> up an ubuntu server to showcase how that would work?
>
>     i've got the free educational content (that i've made) that can be used to
> show how this would work.  if there's anyone on this list interested in giving
> this a shot, thanks for contacting me off-list.
>
>       and if there is anyone with a static ip address on the list who could
> host such a server at their home, that would be good to know, too.

I'm a wee bit confused -- well, actually a lot confused most of the
time but that's another story.  You say "locally delivered" then
suggest getting it from a server...  Which is it?  If it's "getting it
from a server" then perhaps the answer for this would be instead
Launchpad's Personal Package Archive (PPA) system.  For details on
PPA, see:

http://www.ubuntu.com/news/launchpad-ppa
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

Disclaimer: I've used bzr and launchpad a lot but have not set up a
PPA myself.  Others on this list have.

--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC