[DC LoCo] [Fwd: Support for organization in Prince George's?]

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 27 20:33:28 BST 2008

And the requests just keep on comin'!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Support for organization in Prince George's?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:21:13 -0400
From: Scott Wells <wswells at gmail.com>

Greetings:

In my day job, I got a request for a grant for a organization in
Prince George's County to buy hardware for a computer lab for youth
developing career skills. That kind of grant is outside our mission
scope, but I thought the requestor's need was a good opportunity for
repurposed hardware and FOSS, specifically Ubuntu Linux.

When I declined the grant, I asked if a free and open-source
alternative would be of interest; she replied affirmatively. Is
setting up and training for 6-station lab something the LoCo might be
up for doing?

Yours truly,
Scott Wells