[DC LoCo] Fwd: HacDC Presents: Introduction to Python

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 17:47:37 BST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Q Righter
Date: Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 12:15
Subj: HacDC Presents: Introduction to Python

Please forward to any audience you think might be interested in attending:

> HacDC PRESENTS: INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON

WHERE: HacDC 1525 Newton ST NW Washington D.C. 20010
WHEN:  Saturday August 30, 2008 from 1:00PM - 4:00PM
WHO:   Rob Seger

So you've got this great new idea, but it requires a computer.. The
blasted thing just doesn't do what you need it to do out of the box.
You've got a few options: you can give up on your project (I'm just
saying..), you can find a programmer to whisper sweet nothings to your
expensive doorstop (you may have to bribe them), or you can master the
art of pillow talk for your processor. Presumably, you're interested
in the last option. While I can't promise you that you'll become the
Fabio of circuitry over-night, I can promise you'll know how to
motivate that doorstop of yours if you attend my class.  In a
less-than-formal environment, I plan to take you from not even having
python installed to understanding the fundamentals of programming. If
all goes well, you should be able to create fairly complicated
programs, understand (and know how to find) the python online
documentation, and have this irrational urge to learn more. For those
with some background in programming, we'll be covering: variables,
if-statements, looping, fundamental data structures, functions, and
modules. If that didn't make any sense, or you don't already know how
to do all that in python, this is the class for you!

--
Andrew 'Q' Righter