[DC LoCo] Computer reuse & Green festival

Sanjay Jain oss.cleveland at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 16:16:30 BST 2008

Hi all,

Good news on 2 fronts:

1) We are all set to start the computer reuse/recycling program with Greatergoods. Daniel is going to provide space for dropoffs at his store. We will refurbish what we can and send the remainder for recycling. We will display and sell some refurbished systems at the store too.

Some of you have already shown interest in this project, those and others who are interested, please contact me. Thanks!

2) We are moving forward with getting a table at Green festival DC (Nov 8+9). We can get the lowest rate ($950) if we are a non-profit, I've asked NOSI to partner with us, I'm waiting for confirmation... if you know of any one else let me know. Some of you have pledged some money towards this, please let me know if you're still ok with that, others who'd like to contribute and/or have fund raising ideas, please respond.

btw - I'm going to contact widernet.org to see if they'd like to participate http://widernet.org/digitalLibrary/index.htm

Cheers
sanjay