[DC LoCo] Ubuntu-us-dc Digest, Vol 12, Issue 6

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 16:54:02 BST 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 16:26, Paul Gupta <paul at guptaxpn.com> wrote:
> I was wondering about simply attending this event.  I'd like to be more
> active in this local Ubuntu group...could someone send me the
> information to attend? Or maybe to help out a bit, I haven't the means
> to do mass CD burning though.

Sure. The event is the Takoma Park Folk Festival.  Details at http://tpff.org/

Lots going on at the folk festival having nothing to do with
computers.  So, wander around, grab food, listen to good music, check
out the art for sale, join some politically left-of-center groups,
stop by our table, OLPC's table, and HacDC's table and chat with
everyone for as long as you like.  ;-)  Lots of fun, and if nothing
else, if one of us needs a break you can hand out CD's and if you
don't know the answer to a question, point to someone else. ;-)