[DC LoCo] Experience with CMS? And minimum usable specs forUbuntu

Parrish Swann parrish.swann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 15:15:25 BST 2008

I've used Joomla! a little.  I'm working on finishing my degree as well, and
haven't had the time to get deep into it.  So far, its a great CMS, but
customizing templates can be a little daunting if you don't have a good
command of PHP.  I don't have any experience with Drupal, so I don't know if
its any better out of the box.   I've also heard WordPress can be
"converted" to a CMS from a collegue.  I agree that Google Apps for Small
Business might be a good solution for you if you just want to get away from
all the paper quickly.

I have a P3 at 900MHz and 256MB of RAM that runs Kubuntu just fine.  You
could also try Xubuntu, which should perform a little better on computers
with less resources.