[DC LoCo] Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron - Beta

Kevin Cole dc.loco at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 19:03:16 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Sanjay Jain <oss.cleveland at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I need to install a 64bit version of Ubuntu for someone, can I download and
> install the beta? I'm assuming that it's almost at stable anyway and the
> upgrade process will modify any changes, correct?

My personal experience with the beta releases has been mostly
positive, and considering that we're already in late April, I vote
"Yea".  And yes, future upgrades should remedy stuff as long as you're
not installing a lot of weird, non-standard stuff.  (Even then, it
tends to do a good job.)

--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo
Washington, DC